WOMEN'S SELF DEFENSE
Self Defense for Women ©
An Empowering Workshop for ALL Women and Girls
Offered in Sylvan Lake, Alberta. A portion of the
proceeds are donated to the Central Alberta Women's
Emergency Shelter, in Red Deer, AB, to support its cause
for providing a safe and positive environment for abused
women and children.
For Women & Girls, Ages 12+
We live in a dangerous world. In fact,
the highest rate of reported family violence in Canada
and leads the Country in domestic assault,
homicide-suicide, and stalking" (Stats Canada). But what
makes our world even more dangerous is that in many
instances, our thoughts, actions and behaviors are on
"Autopilot", making us more vulnerable to dangerous
The goal of "Intuitive Living: Self Defense for
Women" © is to empower participants with the resources
necessary to recognize and escape from potentially
dangerous situations. A large part of this is providing
participants with self-defense tactics that develop
awareness and intuition so that women can avoid
dangerous situations before they even happen. In other
words, participants receive self-defense training that
focuses on the mind, body and spirit.
INTUITIVE LIVING: Self Defense for Women © truly
exemplifies a non-combative model towards women’s safety
and personal protection. Participants are enabled to
avoid dangerous situations, becoming more aware in all situations by
- confidence, and
The workshop creates a constructive environment of feedback and
support. This is crucial in promoting and restoring
women’s self-esteem and confidence. The 1/2 day workshop
- Prevention strategies for increasing your awareness and self-confidence to
- Learn about the true facts of violence against women & the profile of a victim and an attacker.
- Self defense for street encounters, date rape, and abusive relationships.
- Ground techniques & standing defenses to counter chokes & grabs.
- Full contact scenarios with padded male aggressor
- Startling yet accurate facts of violence against women,
- Insight and realization that by focusing solely on the “stranger-danger” mentality, women only
gain a false sense of personal safety and security
Workshop Dates (2012-2013 Season)
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
5006 - 50th Ave, Sylvan Lake / Honbu Dojo,
$42, Ages 12+, Please register
with payment by Jan 23, 2013.
If you are interested in registering for a workshop,
or if you would like to get more information about
customizing a Women's Self Defense program at your work
or school site, please contact us at (403) 887 - 6303.